W&H Week of Fun Day 3 & 4

Day 3 was extra special because it was my 22nd birthday! Woo-hoo it's my Taylor Swift year!! Day 3 meant we were driving to Miami to see the Cubs play. Before we got on the road we decided to get Dunkin' for my birthday. Of course I got the usual (medium iced coffee with caramel swirl and milk) plus a peeps donut because why not. However, as we were getting in the car I thought it was a good idea to hold my coffee and open the car door with the same hand. It wasn't a good idea. I dropped the coffee, the cup broke and all my coffee spilled in the parking lot. Thankfully, they made me a new one but still y'all, I am always doing stuff like this.

Once we got to Miami we went to a place called Wynwood. From what I gathered it's basically the art district. All the buildings and walls were painted with murals. They had a specific gallery called Wynwood Walls that had all kinds of murals. Of course I took a ton of pictures of all the artwork and of me in front of the artwork. They also had this entire gallery of a guy named Kobra. His work showed a lot of historical people/events in a unique way! One of my favorites was one of Martin Luther King Jr. giving his I have a dream speech. This wall was so cute and I promise I only threw up the double peace sign because it was my 22nd birthday.


As we were leaving the gallery we were looking for some place to eat and this lady handed us a coupon for a place that had over 100 craft beers. Of course we had to go there! We all got flights that had six 5 oz. pours where we could mix and match between any of the beers we wanted. First, that's the biggest flight I'd ever seen (until later that week), second, the beer was SO good! We had the sweetest bartender who gave us a ton of samples and even more when she found out it was my birthday. They also had a sour beer from a local brewery in Virginia which was cool to see all the way down in Florida. Danny had the most colorful flight with all different types of beers, Dad got all wheat beers, and I got as many fruity ones as I could. My favorite was a passionfruit cider!

After the brews we went to our Airbnb to check in and get ready for dinner and the Cubs game! First we went to Little Havana for dinner. We ate at one of the most famous places down there and at a classic cuban sandwich. It was delicious. Next, I was so excited about the game and I was excited to wear my Kris Bryant jersey. The Cubs hadn't been playing too well up that point, but I was hoping for a couple dubs. The stadium was average and the crowd was practically nonexistent. If it wasn't for Cubs fans, I'm not sure there would have more than 100 people in the entire place. The game was great and the cubs ended up winning! Plus, my guy KB didn't strike out every at bat!

Day 4 started with taking Danny to the airport bright an early. Unfortunately, he couldn't stay the whole time because he has a job where he doesn't get too many days off each year. After that I had to go back and take a nap because of all the beer from the day before. Once we got started we went to South Beach. We grabbed a bite to eat at a restaurant right next to the beach and then hit the beach. Of course we had to go into a store before because we didn't have any beach towels or sunscreen. The beach was beautiful and the water was super warm. There was a bunch of gross seaweed right where the waves were crashing but the water was really clear and there was a sandbar a little ways out where the water was only about a foot deep.
The palm trees were GORGEOUS! 
After the beach we went back and got ready for the Cubs game part 2! I had originally brought my new long sleeve shirt to wear because I thought the stadium was always closed in (it actually has a retractable roof) but since it wasn't I thought it was going to be too hot to wear it. Especially since the night before I was dripping in sweat the whole game. But of course it cooled off that night and I would have been able to wear it haha. We got sausages with peppers and onions (the best) and we got one of the bubble waffles with ice cream for dessert!

The craziest thing happened though. We were sitting THREE rows behind the cubs dugout which gave us an awesome view of the players. It's always so crazy to me when we are so close to these people that we usually just get to watch on tv. SO anyways, somebody hit a foul ball and it went really, really high. And we were just watching it go up and up and I said, "Wow that ball is so high!" Then the ball starts coming down and the more it came down the closer it looked to us. I even said, "Dad, this ball is coming close to us." Next thing I know the ball bounced right off the back of my chair!!!!!! I didn't get the ball because it bounced about 15 rows back but it was insane. I still can't believe that it hit my chair. That is definitely the closest I have ever been to a foul ball. Maybe next time when it's coming right at me I will at least try to catch it.

Honestly,
H
Javier Báez waving at me. Just kidding, he was really
waving at the girl next to me but I can pretend it was me.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm sorry, I can't.

22 Things I've Learned by 22

Let's Do This Thing